Tools & Resources - The perfect CV
By following this CV template and tips you will ensure you cover almost everything a potential employer may want to see in this very important document.
Here are some helpful hints from us at Beyond Services when creating your CV
- Always put the bulk of your working experience/skills within the section relating to each role. Avoid large sections of text that is not set within the context of one of your roles
- Avoid fancy formatting or writing text in boxes etc. Keep it simple in a neat word document – let your experience speak for itself
- Keep bold/italics to subtitles and avoid pictures or symbols
- You can high-light key technologies you’ve used in bold if you feel they need to stand out
- The only place a table is necessary would be a “Career Summary or Skills Matrix”
- Make sure you use the same font throughout. Arial 11 is great and easy on the eye
- Send your CV in word format, unless you are attaching your portfolio, references or certificates – then PDF version is fine
- Always include some interests and hobbies but keep your personal information fairly simple (for example, it is not necessary to provide information about what your offspring do for a living or that you are proud of your children).
- Lastly, maintain a clear, simple and consistent style throughout your CV