At Beyond Recruitment the safety of our Contractors and Temporary workforce is top priority, so we wanted to get you some tips and recommendations around dealing with the current Covid-19 situation.
It’s important to not panic but be prepared with the following:
- Stay at home and consult medical advice if you have respiratory symptoms (coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath) and/or a temperature above 38 degrees. (For those on temporary assignments contact your Beyond Recruitment Consultant to determine if you are eligible for sick leave)
- If you develop these symptoms while on assignment, please consult with your Manager and your Beyond Recruitment Consultant ASAP
- Shield coughs and sneezes with a tissue, elbow or shoulder (not bare hands)
- Dispose of tissues directly into the bin immediately
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- Consider not shaking hands when meeting people and utilise other forms of greeting
- Use a knuckle rather than finger to activate lift buttons
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is exhibiting respiratory symptoms
- If you have recently returned from overseas travel or are planning a trip soon, please contact your Beyond Recruitment Consultant to advise of this
- If you are sick or concerned about your health, you are able to contact Healthline (for free) on 0800 358 5453 (or +64 9 358 5453) for medical advice
- If you are stressed or experiencing anxiety, you can text 1737 to access The National Telehealth Service and a free trained counsellor
- Stay up to date with new developments via the WHO and the MOH
Below is a government website which now centralizes up to date information:
Please keep this link handy and stay updated daily.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will provide further updates as required. Please contact your Beyond Recruitment Consultant if you have any further queries or concerns.
For more hiring advice and resources around COVID-19, please click here.