|Job Title:||Chief Information Officer - IT ops focus, $200K|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Contact Details:||Sue Saville|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER: You MUST be a NZ Permanent Resident or a NZ citizen AND be living in NZ right now in order to apply!
**** I PROMISE YOU A SAME DAY RESPONSE!
Chief Information Officer - IT operations management background vital - reporting to CEO, $200K
- based in small government agency with mission critical social support function across New Zealand, Wgtn CBD
- managing IT group of 20, including 4 direct reports
- upcoming focus on major IT digital strategy programme initiative and delivery
- fast moving, innovative organisation
- CIO must be comfortable with business change
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
The organisation is a small government agency employing around 150 people. Despite their modest size, they do have a mission critical social support function to carry out and their IT operations function is THE backbone for providing this service. Therefore, the CIO they appoint to the role needs to have a strong background in the successful management of IT operations teams.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team which totals 4 people, and you will report to the Chief Executive.
The IT group you would be managing is made up of around 20 people, and four of those are IT professionals managing their own specific IT functions - development, architecture, business engagement and IT infrastructure.
Their model is such that a great deal of their IT systems are outsourced to external vendors, so there will be a great deal of vendor engagement and relationship management focus. The state of the relationships with those vendors is stable and positive and working for all parties, so there isn't any 'remedial work' needing to be done in this area.
This is a unique type of CIO role and the responsibilities within it are wide ranging. These include:
- overseeing business transformation initiatives around digital channel development and delivery
- managing the extensive organisation-wide business change that will occur as a result
- managing relationships with a wide range of IT vendors
- absorbing the programme management office in to the IT group function in the medium term
- ensuring successful IT operations delivery.
AS A PERSONALITY, you need to be someone who is willing to make a genuine personal and professional commitment to the ongoing success of the organisation, which is measured entirely by the quality and consistency of service they deliver to their sector of the New Zealand community.
*** I PROMISE YOU A SAME DAY RESPONSE!
Sound good? That's because it IS! Email your resume to me NOW by clicking the 'apply now' button below, or call Sue Saville on 04 471 5867 for more information. NOTE: the name of the hiring organisation cannot be released until such time as a resume has been received.