|Job Title:||Mgr Applications-as-a-Service & Vendor Mgmnt - $135K|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Contact Details:||Sue Saville|
|Job Published:||over 3 years ago|
PLEASE READ: you MUST be currently living in New Zealand AND be a NZ citizen or NZ Permanent Resident in order to apply!
** I PROMISE YOU A SAME DAY RESPONSE!
Manager of Applications-as-a-Service in Azure Environment - $135K, GR8 manager, FAB org, Wgtn CBD!! - needs a great people person with experience of using an Applications-a-Service model to lead an IT team through a major change in work culture focus
- $135,000 per annum, Wgtn CMB
- in large IT site of major govt agency
- experience of moving in-house applications to an applications-as-a-service model is essential
- needs a GREAT people manager who can motivate, inspire and energise, guide and engage a team of capable IT development related professionals AND work closely with external IT vendors and suppliers.
Sound good? It IS! Read on.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
The position is based in the IT group of a major, high profile government agency. They are based in central Wellington.
The organisation established one and supports a positive, service-oriented corporate culture.
Across the organisation, there is a real drive to ensure that employees and the teams they are part of feel that they can explore new options, take new initiatives, suggest new and better ways of doing things, and generally move right away from a 'my job is X and it starts here and ends there' type of approach.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be reporting to the Chief Information Officer. The manager is one of the smartest and nicest and most supportive people you could ever hope to find.
OF PARTICULAR INTEREST TO THEM WILL BE your demonstrated experience of working within an organisation that
uses an outsourced Applications-as-a-Service model using Azure.
THEY ARE ALSO keen to hear from those who have had experience of winding down legacy systems and replacing them with Cloud based solutions.
NOTE: Yes, they ARE looking for someone who understands and who has worked with Applications-as-a-Service in an Azure environment. However, they are NOT looking for a technical specialist with a strong applications development management background. Essentially, you need to know enough about Applications-as-a-Service and Azure to ensure you can have a meaningful conversation about strategy and direction and Best Practice. However, they don't want someone who will be tempted to get involved in the nitty-gritty of applications development and design as that work is outsourced to external vendors and suppliers.
You will have TWO direct reports, each of whom is a senior IT Business Analyst.
The whole focus of this role is to enhance the quality of ongoing IT service to the wider business. As mentioned, the model they are using to do this is an outsourced one. Given this, they are looking for someone with great relationship management and vendor engagement skills. They also want someone who will relish being in what is effectively a 'green fields' environment, and who is keen on exploring and putting in place new processes and systems that will help the team to deliver the best possible service to the wider business users.
WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING TO SEE IN YOUR CV:
- demonstrated experience in working with Applications-as-a-Service in an Azure environment
- demonstrated experience in successfully managing IT services in an outsourced environment
- strong skills in building and maintaining positive relationships with external vendors and suppliers who are responsible for providing core technical IT services
- evidence of where you have put in place initiatives that are designed to enhance the quality of IT service delivered by the IT group to the wider business.
- some background in or knowledge of the NZ public sector.
** I PROMISE YOU A SAME DAY RESPONSE
Sound like you? Then don't delay - apply NOW by clicking the APPLY NOW button below. NOTE: I reply to people on a same day basis. The very first step is to send your CV to me for review. If you have not heard back from me within 24 hours, call Sue Saville on 04 471 5867 to find out more. IMPORTANT: the name of the hiring organisation cannot be released until such time as a CV is received.