|Job Title:||Linux Engineer|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Contact Details:||Renee Mouton|
|Job Published:||almost 4 years ago|
- Permanent role - play with the best and latest
- Free onsite parking and tools of the trade
This is a stellar opportunity to join a Wellington based Crown Owned organisation created back in the early 90's - they are well established and well reputed as an employer of choice with more than 15 offices in NZ, 550 staff nationally and around the world. And technology wise they are continually at the forefront of current trends Impressive, right?
This organisation firmly believes that their people are their greatest asset. So no surprises when I say that this role will be offering exceptional opportunities for professional development and training, varied and interesting work, flexible working hours, life and disability insurance, free car parking, awesome waterfront location, personal development leave, and a whole lot more.
As part of a multi-talented and close knit team, the role will see you involved in the support of all things Linux to both internal and external customers Best suited to an experienced Engineer with an all-round ability in providing Linux based system support. By the way, these people are also technical specialists and scientists, so you need to know your stuff, be confident and be able to communicate with them exceptionally well.
Our client will be looking to see CV's with detailed support experience, highlighting experience with the following:
- Intermediate to senior level experience with Linux based systems and applications
- Working knowledge of a variety of Linux based systems including SUSE, Redhat, BSD, CentOS and Debian
- Any experience with IT automation languages such as Shell, Perl and Python would be advantageous
- System services experience such as Apache, Bind and Exim
- Familiar with platform management tools such as Puppet, Katello, Salt, etc.
- Strong experience on a wide range of technologies such as Microsoft Server, SQL Server, Lync, Commvault, VMware, Juniper, Fortigate, SANs, HP Servers and Nagios monitoring to name but a few.
I know you hear this all the time but I can honestly say that my client has a prestigious reputation across industry circles and provides a truly unique working environment that will be like no other you've ever experienced (in a good way!) and offers a truly rewarding place to work. Please feel free to call me on (04) 471 5868 to discuss this in confidence or email email@example.com