|Job Title:||Research and Technical Business Development Manager|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Contact Details:||Sandy Brewin|
|Job Published:||almost 4 years ago|
- Proven experience in technical sales preferred
- Post-grad degree - engineering or science (or similar)
Exciting opportunity to join a crown entity and promote their Research & Development services.
You will generate a high quality sales pipeline to maximise and grow commercial revenue, pivotal to the crown entity's success. You will also be responsible for the management and delivery of projects post sales and ensure good relationships with customers are maintained.
This is an embedded, yet integrated role - working within the Business Development Group and facilitating the interface between science research teams and business. This role is essential to identifying and matching science services with the needs of firms to create and connect opportunities for technical sales activity.
The technical services cover a broad and comprehensive range of research capability (science, engineering and technology) in high value manufacturing areas, including bio-manufacturing, energy and power, health, information and communication technologies, advanced materials and measurement.
You will have the ability to establish, maintain and grow sustainable and diverse business relationships.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Proven record of achievement in a competitive sales environment
- Strong ability to influence, negotiate and close sales / contracts effectively
- Proven ability to manage projects and work across teams to bring the right resources into projects
- Ability to manage customer meetings
- Sound understanding of commercial environments
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence others, with excellent team building, collaboration and partnering skills
For this role, as well as senior experienced candidates, we will also consider more junior candidates who have a strong technical background and the right soft skills to grow into a business development manager.
Please put together a one-page cover letter detailing your suitability for this role and APPLY along with your latest CV.
Please feel free to give Sandy Brewin a call on 04 494 1185 to discuss the role quoting vacancy number 44271.
PLEASE NOTE: To apply for this role you must have the right to work in New Zealand