|Job Title:||Network Architect|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Contact Details:||Renee Mouton|
|Job Published:||about 4 years ago|
- Based in IT architecture team of prestigious, high profile government organisation
- Be part of high performing, in-house, project based team
PLEASE READ: in order to apply you MUST
- have been living and working in New Zealand for a minimum of 5 years AND
- have held NZ Permanent Resident or NZ Citizenship status for all of that period.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
The organisation is a long established and prestigious government agency. They run a substantial, complex IT environment and have a team of IT architects involved in the strategy, roadmaps, planning, systems integration and delivery of IT architecture services. Their infrastructure and networking footprint consists of multiple separate networks and systems that are physical and, increasingly, Virtual within a Cloud-Based Infrastructure.
WHAT THE ROLE IS ABOUT
They are looking for a person who is knowledgeable in relation to virtualization technologies to join their IT architecture team. Specifically, they want to find someone with a demonstrated background in the network design and the planning of virtualized networks and infrastructure systems.
You will be responsible for designing and developing network architecture solutions relating to all Wide Area Networks, Local Area Networks, Data Centre networking AND physical and virtual networks.
WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone who has extensive experience as an Infrastructure Architect working on large-scale and technically challenging projects, including infrastructure, network, storage, databases, firewalls, load balancers, backup, platforms/operating systems, cloud and virtualisation initiatives. Your CV will clearly demonstrate your experience in the following:
- expertise in network design for both virtual and physical networks, and the security around those
- experience in the design needed to successfully transition physical networks to virtualised networks
- experience of liaising closely with IT network and technical specialists responsible for the hands-on implementation of virtualised systems
They offer a positive, friendly working environment and the chance to work on meaty and professionally interesting project initiatives in the IT network design space. They offer a stable work environment, and plenty of ongoing formal and informal professional training.
Sound good? It IS! Email your resume to me now by clicking the 'apply now' button or call Renee Mouton on 04 471 5868 on for more information. NOTE: the name of the hiring organisation cannot be released until a CV has been received.