|Job Title:||Senior Network Engineer - $105K - GR8 mgr!!|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Contact Details:||Sue Saville|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
*** I PROMISE YOU A SAME DAY RESPONSE!
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS - you MUSTbe a New Zealand citizen AND have been living here in NZ for at least the last 5 years in order to apply.
Senior Network Engineer - in-house role in large government agency - great team, great manager, DON'T MISS OUT!!
- $95K-$105,000 per annum PLUS allowances, Wgtn CBD
- combo projects and BAU network engineering in large, complex IT site within big government agency
- superb team environment, plenty of chance to continuously upskill
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
This is a large, high profile government agency. They maintain substantial and complex IT systems, and they need to the help of an experienced senior-level Wintel Systems Engineer to join their well-organised, highly regarded team.
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU
- a great manager; knowledgeable, likable, well organised and supportive
- a great team; friendly, cooperative, highly skilled and welcoming
- lots of project based activity in a meaty IT networks environment
- a chance to work with some of the latest technologies
- the stability of a government organisation that is in growth mode (no redundancies going on here!)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Networks Manager, you will be a member of a team of 9 people.
NOTE: there is an on-call element to the role, but ONLY for one week in every eight weeks. A generous on-call allowance is paid in compensation.
The person they are seeking ill have a background that includes some or most of the following:
- CCNA, CCNP or CCA or working towards such a qualification
- substantial experience in the configuration and management of networking technologies e.g. switching, routing, firewalls, VPN, WAN optimisation etc
- demonstrated experience in supporting physical and virtual network equipment, for example Cisco, Fortinet, Citrix, VMWare
- demonstrated experience in supporting network protocols including the likes of TCP/IP, BGP, SNMP, OSPF etc
- a background in resolving network issues and using diagnostic tools to do so
- a background in using network and enterprise management tools
The manager is one of the nicest and smartest you could hope to find, and they offer LOADS of training and a great breath of experience as part of the job.
Sound good? Trust me, if you are serious about your network engineering career, you can't do better than this! Email your resume to me now by clicking the 'apply now' button below, or call Sue Saville on 04 471 5867 for more information. NOTE: the name of the employing organisation cannot be released until such time as a resume has been received.