|Job Title:||Head of Development|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Location:||Auckland - Inner|
|Contact Details:||Lee-Anne Thomson|
|Job Published:||almost 4 years ago|
* Brand new opportunity
* Lead a team of 25+ developers
* Digital, mobile and enterprise technology
* Exciting, transformational environment
**About the company**
A much-loved household name, this organisation has been around in various forms for many years both locally and internationally. A technology-driven enterprise, this highly respected organisation is continually re-inventing the way they do business and are seen as leaders in the digital age.
**About the role**
As the Head of Development, you'll play a critical role in defining the strategic direction for your team, defining the software development roadmap and adopting industry trends that suit your environment and plan. You'll be leading a team of highly skilled and talented developers, both contract and permanent, and providing guidance and insight into their part in the big picture.
Reporting in to the CTO, you'll be managing key relationships within the business as well as externally with vendors and suppliers, ensuring all stakeholders are a priority. This is a mature organisation with established processes and procedures, though has a culture of openness to new ideas and re-invention.
You'll be an experienced leader of software development teams, having managed teams in the 20+ region. With a strong architecture, methodology and design background, you'll be well equipped to understand the challenges undertaken by the development team.
Your background will include:
* 10+ years in the software development arena
* 5+ years software dev team management experience (min of 3 years in NZ)
* Experience with a variety of technologies including Java (essential), C#, OO and front-end software tools
* Mobile and web applications experience
* CRM and ERP-scale business systems experience
* Experience in managing teams across multiple programming languages and multiple platforms
* Excellent working knowledge of major social media channels
If you're up for a challenge and looking for an exciting new venture, this might just be the right role at the right time! Apply online now, we'd love to hear from you. You're also welcome to call Lee-Anne Thomson on 021 743 782 for further info.
Ref AK 47995 / Seek SK99032A
This role is open to candidates who have the legal right to work in New Zealand, and are available to interview here at short notice.
Beyond Recruitment IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities