|Job Title:||Procurement Category Manager|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Location:||Auckland - Inner|
|Contact Details:||Mark De Beer|
|Job Published:||about 4 years ago|
* Strategic Sourcing Focus
* Auckland Inner City
A large financial solutions provider is seeking to employ an additional Procurement Specialist to strengthen their Sourcing and Procurement effort, with focus on nominated lines of business, strategic projects and stakeholder engagement.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, Business Services, you will be an experienced Procurement Specialist and required to deliver the following outcomes:
* Identify opportunities to deliver lower cost, more effective business outcomes or to mitigate risk.
* Producing strategic plans of selected supplier categories
* Lead discrete procurement projects as specified.
* Prepare and provide documentation to go to market when required (RFP's)
* Lead supplier negotiations, contract discussions, make recommendations and execute contracts.
* Build and develop effective supplier relationships.
* Support & advocate the Sourcing & Procurement Policy and processes.
* Education and coaching of business stakeholders.
* Manage internal relationships with key customers, assessing and delivering their requirements.
* Deliver reduced costs and increased value.
* Consult to internal stakeholders on contracts, commercial frameworks, tendering, commercial and risk management
* Maintain an understanding of external best practice and developments within the sourcing field.
* Assist and leverage Group procurement practice
* At all times comply with the company's health and safety policies and procedures.
* Record and report all hazards, accidents or incidents to your team leader.
This is a business critical role requiring the following skills and qualifications:
* Tertiary qualifications (Commercial or Business Management focus).
* Proven Procurement & Sourcing experience. (Minimum 5 years).
* Exposure to financial regulation and compliance requirements - Desirable
* Persuasive communication & proven negotiation experience.
* Strategic thinking, and the ability to make reasoned decisions and act on them.
* The ability to build strong internal and external relationships and networks.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role apply here, or contact Mark de Beer on 021 192 4246 for a confidential discussion.