|Job Title:||Site Engineer - Multi storey Construction|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Location:||Auckland - Inner|
|Contact Details:||Matt Shortt|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
* Fast paced multi storey construction.
* $90K - 120K + vehicle
This Main Contractor has a fine reputation for large scale residential, commercial, industrial & car park projects. Upcoming projects will have a focus on structural steel and structural glazing (curtain walls). The company is reknown for their attention to detail and reputation for building a quality product.
Due to expansion and in order to continue the focus on high quality, they now have a position open for a Site Engineer to oversee works and sub contractor performance on a flagship CBD project.
To be considered for this role you will have between 3 and 8 years experience since graduation. You have a relevant tertiary qualification combined with experience on a New Zealand or Australian commercial building construction site. You may have an NZCE or NZDE and be currently working for a contractor and looking for your next career step.
Alternatively you have a BEng and are working for a consultant engineering firm and are keen to move into a fast paced commercial construction role.
Amongst other things you will be responsible for:
* Championing a quality driven output on all works
* Monitor the work in progress with reference to the approved schedules/milestones
* Manage changes to engineering design whilst being mindful of budgetary requirements
* Chair meetings and keep records to ensure agreed outcomes are met
* Liaise with consultants, architects, sub-contractors and client as required
* Contribute to weekly and daily planning of works including coordination of subcontractors and the construction site team
* Coordinate construction drawings
* Inspect and monitor weekly work progress of subcontractors, resolve discrepancies between field conditions and design plans
* Recommend method of resolving complex problems and submit report to Project Manager, Project Director as required
* Ensure that subcontractors comply with work plans and to complete them within the specified time frame and to agreed quality
* Analyze and communicate to the cost control team any variance between the actual progress of works and the approved schedules.
* Manage filing system and to track active correspondence and other relevant files
We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and smart 'hands on' operator. You are assertive, not aggressive. Have an enquiring mind, a sense of humour and are very well organised. You can get things done efficiently through others and prefer to work 'on the coal face'.
You must have the right to work in NZ and be available for face to face interviews to be considered for this role.
For further information, please call Matt on 3740872 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Site Manager
Senior Site Manager/Project Manager
Site Manager - Hawkes Bay
Location: Hawkes Bay
Site Manager - Commercial Projects
Senior Site Manager - West Auckland