|Job Title:||Project Manager - Medium Sized Main Contractor|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Location:||Auckland - Inner|
|Contact Details:||Matt Shortt|
|Job Published:||about 4 years ago|
* Cohesive and stable employer
* Social with great team ethos
This medium sized construction company set up by two directors initially from larger main contractors are a smart and well organised operator. They have a well mapped out strategic growth plan in place, they work with quality clients and place a significant emphasis on getting the right staff aboard. They are at staff size of 75 with plans to pace themselves for further staff growth. Staff development is placed in high regard with monthly internal workshops, active mentoring, thought out peering with best fit seniors site/pm staff/projects and regular performance reviews. They have key clients in the industrial space offering some projects with a difference, as well as other commercial new build projects such as hospitality, retail, warehousing and institutional.
They currently have a need for a strong PM to manage new projects that have recently been won and other that have been negotiated.
As a PM you will lead and manage multiple projects to ensure their smooth delivery, ensuring that the required project outcomes are achieved. This will involve regular and ongoing contact with project team members, site managers, sub contractors and other consultants. You will be proactively monitoring commercial and contractual issues and providing feedback. You will be ensuring projects costs are measured, monitored and agreed. There will also be a strong emphasis on OSH and compliance.
Key success factors for this role require:
* A tertiary qualification in construction management, quantity surveying or engineering.
* 10+ years experience in managing a mix of small to medium sized projects, under $15M.
* Sound knowledge of the local construction market and relevant commercial construction legislation
* Ability to lead and performance manage construction teams to achieve agreed outcomes.
* Solid programming skills
* Strong financial management with ability to drive cost accountability
* Outstanding written and oral communication
You will be rewarded with a market leading salary of $120K - $140K plus vehicle + other benefits.
For further information, please call Matt Shortt on 09 3740872, or please email your details to email@example.com
Site Manager - Medium Density Housing
Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Site Manager - School Project
Project Manager - Fitouts/Refurbs/Light Commercial