|Job Title:||Service Desk Manager|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Location:||Auckland - North Shore and Rodney|
|Contact Details:||Mignon Olivier|
|Job Published:||over 3 years ago|
- Excellent career path and future development opportunities
- Salary range sitting between $70,000 to $90,000
- North shore location
About the company
Large leading organisation providing infrastructure services on a national level. Multiple award winner with a collaborative working environment, great culture, and the chance to work with medium-large high profile clients.
You will be based at their convenient North Shore location. Join a fast-moving, ever-growing industry leader with big plans for the future this is an excellent career opportunity.
About the role
This is an exciting and challenging role in which you will lead and coordinate the Service Desk in providing an exceptional service experience by meeting and exceeding client expectations. As the Service Desk Manager you will still be technically knowledgeable, whilst managing a talented team of service desk agents and analysts. You will be responsible for the team and for delivering against ITIL processes in a professional and customer focused manner.
We are seeking someone with previous experience in a comparable role within a similar technical environment. You will have excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and resource planning skills and an in depth technical knowledge around networking and cloud / virtualized server environments.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Managing a team of 12-15: You will manage performance and set KPI's for individuals; assigning clear accountabilities and performance expectations; reviewing performance and addressing under performance when needed and lead the appraisal process for the Service Desk team effectively.
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute to the continuous improvement of the service management and governance framework for delivery of all Client Services.
- SLA's: Monitor and actively manage performance against SLA's to ensure that the Contracted Services are being delivered to the Service Levels.
- Reporting: Provide monthly management reporting of performance for the team and Service Level achievement for the company as a whole.
- Vendor Management: Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal teams, suppliers and Third Party Vendors to ensure that service delivery performance is maintained and aligned to the contracted outcomes.
- Availability: Available during and outside of working hours in order to assist with urgent or critical escalations or incidents as required (24/7/365 contactable).
Skills & experience required
- Specialist experience as a Service Desk Manager or Team Leader
- Experience of leading a vendor support desk and experience developing a service desk
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management and Delivery including Incident, Problem and Change Management as well as Service Request fulfilment
- Strong relationship management skills with colleagues and users in pursuit of delivering high quality services whilst maintaining targets.
- Operational awareness and practical competency in and around technical IT environments
- Ability to confidently take ownership of Service Delivery matters for assigned clients
- Gets individual results as well as results through empowering others
- Have excellent time management skills
- Have outstanding oral communication and technical documentation skills
Benefits & culture
- Work with leading international product vendors and high-profile clients
- Excellent company culture with solid values
- Committed to the continuous learning and development of their staff
- Subsidised Southern Cross health insurance and flu vaccination
- Medical assistance programme
- Monthly performance awards
- A day's paid leave on your birthday
We'd love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or contact Chris Lacey on 09 302 8384 for a confidential discussion. Ref AK49667
Beyond Recruitment IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities. Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.