|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Location:||Auckland - Inner|
|Contact Details:||Natalie Bland|
|Job Published:||about 4 years ago|
- January Start
- Establish and growing organisation
Are you an experienced Receptionist looking for a role which you can stay in long term and really make the role your own? If so, one of New Zealand longest established companies is searching for you.
This is the type of reception role where you will be meeting and greeting all different types of people, and you will quickly need to be able to gauge people to assess how formal/informal you need to be with them. You will be a positive and outgoing person, who endeavours to ensure that all visitors, employees and people you speak with on the phone, have a positive and helpfully experience.
In this sole charge reception role you will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact for all visitors and employees
- Ensure all visitors are signed in and have read the relevant health and safety information
- Take pride in your workspace and maintain the reception area
- Ensure people have the appropriate authorisation to go beyond reception
- Lock/unlock the main entrance to the reception area at the start and end of the business day
- Manage phone calls through a complicated switchboard
- Answer a vast range of general phone enquiries of an administrative nature
- Report any problems with phone lines
- Ensure out of hours notices messages are switched on
- Liaise with the HR department to update and maintain the internal telephone directory
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Organise and liaise with couriers for pick up and deliveries
- Liaise with courier companies to track and trace deliveries
- Liaise with the wider administration team to assess stationery needs
- Monitor stationery stocks and places orders to restock as required
- Make up administrative starter packs for new staff
- Envelop invoices, and post out
- Order business cards
- Assist business units with administration duties.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
- Previous reception experience
- A positive and outgoing disposition
- Be able to communicate with people at all levels
- Be able to think on your feet, as you will be dealing with a range of queries
- Be able to gauge and judge people quickly
- Be a proactive self-starter
- Be confident using a complicated switch board
- Be happy to roll your sleeves up and help out where needed
- There is no flexibility in the hours, so you must be able to work 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday
What's in it for you?
This is fantastic opportunity to join a well-established organisation that is continually growing and one which looks after their employees. Other benefits include:
- Free parking
- Free Gym
- Weekly exercise training sessions
- Discount on Southern Cross Health care
- Social and friendly environment
- Regular company events
- Cafe onsite
If you have the skills listed above please submit your CV through this vacancy.
Natalie Bland - Client Manager - Business & Accounting Support, Permanent Recruitment.