|Job Title:||IT Operations Team Lead|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Location:||Auckland - North Shore and Rodney|
|Contact Details:||Mignon Olivier|
|Job Published:||about 2 years ago|
- High Profile Clients
- Grow your career
- Manage a talented team
- Challenging and exciting management role
- $80K - $95K
- Based in Albany (North Shore, Auckland)
- Service Desk Environment
**You must be comfortable being the point of escalation for L3 escalations in order to be considered for this role**
About the company
Large leading organisation providing infrastructure and data centre services. Multiple award winner with a collaborative working environment, great culture, and the chance to work with medium-large high profile clients.
You will be based at their convenient North Shore location. Join a fast-moving, ever-growing industry leader with big plans for the future this is an excellent career opportunity.
About the role
This is an exciting and challenging role in which you will provide operational support to customers' core infrastructure in an IaaS Managed Services and Engineering environment. You will be a point of escalation and will be supervising L2 - L3 technical resources within the Operations Team. You will need to have service desk environment experience as well as have the knowledge to be hands-on technically if required. As well as being technically sound, you will be responsible for the team and for delivering against ITIL processes in a professional and customer focused manner.
We are seeking someone with previous experience in a comparable role within a similar technical environment. You will have excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and resource planning skills and an in-depth technical knowledge around networking and cloud / virtualized server environments. You might be a seasoned manager who's managed to stay in-touch technically or you might be a senior L3 Windows Engineer ready to take on a leading role.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Managing a team of 13-15: You will manage performance and set KPI's for individuals; assigning clear Accountabilities and performance expectations; reviewing performance and addressing under performance when needed and lead the appraisal process effectively.
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute to the continuous improvement of the service management and governance framework for delivery of all Client Services.
- SLA's: Monitor and actively manage performance against SLA's to ensure that the Contracted Services are being delivered to the Service Levels.
- Reporting: Provide monthly management reporting of performance for the team and Service Level achievement for the company as a whole.
- Vendor Management: Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal teams, suppliers and Third Party Vendors to ensure that service delivery performance is maintained and aligned to the contracted outcomes.
Skills & experience required
- Technical background in Systems Administration or Systems Engineering (Microsoft technologies)
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management , ideally ITIL certified
- Strong relationship management skills with colleagues and users in pursuit of delivering high quality services whilst maintaining targets.
- Operational awareness and practical competency in and around technical IT environments
- Ability to confidently take ownership of Service Delivery matters for assigned clients
- Gets individual results as well as results through empowering others
- Have excellent time management skills
- Have outstanding oral communication and technical documentation skills
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize and able to make decisions on the fly
- Technically minded
- Experience leading a team or experience in mentoring and a keen interest in managing a team
Benefits & culture
- Work with leading international product vendors and high-profile clients
- Excellent company culture, highly social and flexible
- Great North Shore Location
- Award-winning, growing company highly respected brand within the industry
We'd love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or contact Mignon on 027 582 1129 for a confidential discussion. Ref AK 50162
Beyond Recruitment IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities.
Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information
IT Infrastructure Architect - AWS exp ess
Salary: $135,000 per annum
Solution Architect - Digital Infrastructure
Solutions Architect - End User Compute