|Job Title:||Surveyor - Pukekohe or North Shore base|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Location:||Auckland - North Shore and Rodney|
|Contact Details:||Brenda James|
|Job Published:||over 3 years ago|
- It's all about attitude
- Are you clever, ambitious and willing?
This opportunity will suit an experienced graduate who is looking to feel their way into an organisation, learn survey processes and get exceptional grounding on how to run a site.
This organisation pride themselves in delivering the optimum in quality work for their clients.
Many of the team have been around for years due to the hard working yet fun dynamic and they enjoy long term client relationships and repeat business due to their focus on service delivery. This creates a busy forward workload with an ongoing variety of challenging projects, some of NZ's largest subdivisions.
About the opportunity
This role is to provide surveying to ensure efficient and timely completion of daily survey tasks in the support of the company's construction projects. The vacancy has come about due to one of the team choosing to relocate overseas.
You will be based in the site office and working with a great deal of autonomy so a good understanding of the build process is required.
In any one day you will be communicating with operators, site supervisors and project engineers so outstanding communication and organisation skills are also essential.
This is a busy survey role where you will be responsible for analysing drawings and preparing set out data to enable works to be constructed, using existing engineering drawings received from the survey manager or engineer to the project. You will also be:
- Managing the collection of data, documents, plans and information pertaining to the works
- Providing As-Built and monthly quantity information to assist with preparation of monthly progress claims
- Collecting and compiling data relating to QA, quantity measurement and As-Built information for presentation to clients and consultants
- Attending meetings as required and responsible for the day to day care of the survey equipment and company vehicle
- Diploma in surveying, engineering or significant construction surveying experience
- Civil 3D or AutoCAD software proficiency
- GPS and Total Station survey equipment experience
It is vital that you are highly motivated, quality focused, organised, honest and straight forward.
We have already mentioned communication skills and you will also have excellent time management, a methodical and thorough working style and comprehensive work ethic.
What's in it for you?
This is an opportunity to join one of the largest civil engineering and development companies in Auckland who have proven time and time again their commitment to developing the careers of their people.
Remuneration is competitive and you will have every opportunity in time to move into survey management or a civil site role.
We'd love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you. Call Brenda James, Architectural specialist at Beyond Recruitment on +64 274 501021 for a confidential discussion. Ref AK50209 / SK9993A
Visit our website for details of more job opportunities and information