|Job Title:||Junior Quantity Surveyor and Estimator - North Shore|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Location:||Auckland - North Shore and Rodney|
|Contact Details:||Matt Shortt|
|Job Published:||almost 3 years ago|
* Strong supplier negotiation aspect
* Focus on quality workmanship and client extra mile servicing
A QS is required for a successful small to medium sized construction and interior fit-out company based on the North Shore of Auckland. The focus will be on all areas of carpentry and cabinetry costs.
The company is committed to providing a quality product and professional service to a core loyal client base. Some clients include well known banks, property agencies and a host of other retail and commercial clients. As the successful applicant, you would play a key role in the cost management of jobs at any stage interfacing with project managers.
This role requires the following:
* Preparing schedules of quantities based on architects and engineers building plans
* Preparation of reports before and and during building projects showing costs
* Manage variations during the projects
* Ongoing consulting with building professionals, architects and clients
* Holding weekly meetings with clients and sub contractors
* Site visits to monitor progress
* Negotiating with key clients to achieve repeat business while maintaining profitability on contracts
* Liaison with sub - contractors and management of costs, rates and timeframes
* Work with project managers to source resourcing for projects
The Ideal Applicant
You are an junior or intermediate level QS that holds a degree/diploma in construction with 1 - 3 years of experience worked with the interiors and fit out sector.
You work to a high level of accuracy and you display strong communication and negotiation skills. You contribute to a safe and healthy workplace.
$60K - $85K based on experience and skills.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and qualifications to be successful in this role APPLY HERE, or call Matt Shortt at Beyond Recruitment on 09 3740872 for a confidential discussion.