Sense Partners is a boutique consultancy of experienced economists who use strong logical thinking, data and evidence to get to the nub of issues, and go beyond 'what' to 'why and so what'.
Our vision is to lift the use of data analysis, logic, and frameworks to a new level of relevance and usefulness. We do this to help clients make sense of the world, their decisions, and decisions of others.
Our expertise includes regulatory economics, cost benefit analysis, economic modelling, energy, climate change policy, and housing and urban development.
What we offer:
Our young but rapidly growing economic consultancy is based in the heart of Lambton Quay (with an Auckland presence). You will join a small team working on topical issues important to all New Zealanders.
We offer a highly flexible and informal working environment, where work-life balance and mental well-being is a priority. We are nimble and flexible when it comes to working styles.
In the position of Analyst, the successful candidate would:
- apply their knowledge of economics, statistics and related fields to perform in-depth economic research on industry and policy issues
- support senior staff across a wide range of projects, including quantitative analysis and literature reviews
- work with existing models and develop new economic models to translate big data into meaningful insights for clients
- build relationships with clients to understand their problems and opportunities and to help them understand how economic analysis can support their objectives.
People likely to thrive in our environment may have several of the following:
- post-graduate education in economics, including econometrics or statistics to a post-graduate level (we love our numbers!)
- curiosity about empirical analysis, evidenced by e.g. a strong understanding the strengths of weaknesses of empirical analysis
- familiarity with open source analytical tools such as R or Python
- proficiency with MS Excel
- 3-5 years’ experience working with a wide range of official statistics
- expertise or interest in public policy, regulation or microeconomics
- ability to explain complicated ideas to non-experts
- attention to detail.
If you are interested in rigorous, data-driven economic and policy analysis and you want the freedom to develop your expertise as an insightful advisor, come and join us.
Please click APPLY to submit your CV and cover letter online to our recruitment partner, Kathy Claridge of Beyond Recruitment. For more information or a copy of the job description email Kathy.Claridge@beyond.co.nz quoting job number 101581.