NOTE: you MUST have been living in New Zealand for at least the last 5 years AND hold NZ citizenship or NZ Permanent Resident status!
About your new Company:
This is a major government agency with around 1600 employees nationwide. They are based in central city Wellington, close to all transport links and offer fabulous offices to work in and a positive, supportive team environment. The team you will be working with is a positive, happy and cooperative one, so you can be assured of a great group to work with.
- Lead the technical aspects of both the design and implementation of relevant applications, make sure they are fit for purpose and meet all requirements
- You will work closely with the wider team in the design and development of Java applications.
- You will offer significant contributions into the development and maintenance of the Java applications and mentor team members
- You will be required to create documentation of relevant systems, procedures and processes.
- You will be able to self-manage to meet required deadlines
- You will have active participation in the Agile development of enhanced applications.
This is not a role for someone who is quiet and just wanting to sit in the corner. You will be an active member of this team, you will be able to communicate clearly and be focused on being cooperative and collaborative with others.
What they are looking for in your CV:
- Extensive experience with the design and development of Java applications preferably using an Enterprise Application Server (JBOSSS / IBM WebSphere).
- Extensive experience in Java EE, JPA, EJB, SOAP and REST(ful) development.
- A proven ability to work well both individually and as part of a highly collaborative team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to think quickly to find pragmatic solutions to problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with working with JIRA, Jenkins and BuildMaster (or equivalent tools) would be advantageous.
- You will also have extensive knowledge of all aspects of SDLC using Agile development techniques.
What you need to do now:
To apply, email a role related CV and Cover letter to me NOW by clicking the 'apply now' button below
Please note: all applicants must be permanent residents of New Zealand and will be required to undergo Drug Testing. The ability to achieve a Confidential Security Clearance is a requirement for this role.
NOTE: the name of the hiring organisation cannot be released until a CV is received.
Ref No: 90853