- 12 months fixed term contract / Immediate start
- Approved Training Employer – CA Training and mentorship
- Auckland City fringe location
Our client is entertainment business in Auckland. They own multiple entertainment attraction and theme parks globally. Due to a recent resignation, they are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their team in Auckland. This is a 12-month fixed term contract role for candidates who are available immediately.
Reporting to the Financial Controller NZ, the purpose of this position is to conduct the financial affairs of the Accounting Team.
The primary focus of the role is to ensure that the company’s financial information is recorded and reported on an accurate and timely basis, monthly accounting packages are completed on time and that finance systems continue to meet the evolving needs of the Finance Team and wider business.
This position act as the 2IC to Financial Controller NZ and assists with Cost Centre Management, OPEX Analysis and monitoring, budgeting and forecasting, in addition to generalist Assistant Accountant responsibilities.
- Complete all transactional tasks such as posting journals, prepayments and accruals associated with month end
- Prepare and maintain accruals, prepayments schedules.
- Maintain and update the Fixed Asset register including posting depreciation in Accounting and Tax books
- Bank Reconciliations completed within Microsoft Navision.
- Liaise with Cash Office to ensure daily POS collections matches funds received in Bank and variances are noted, discussed and adjusted in accordance to standards.
- Assist the Financial Controller with budgeting and forecasting, Cost Centre management and OPEX Analysis.
- Assist the Budget Holders in managing their Budget Trackers.
- Assist in preparation and management of TM1 and Hyperion Excel templates
- Daily and Weekly Flash (Revenue Performance) Reporting to wider groups.
- Weekly Stats upload to Hyperion
- Ensure consistency between TM1 and HFM figures
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Experience using modelling and forecasting tools for analytical review (e.g. Excel, TM1) and techniques (e.g. Advance excel formulas, Index/Match; lookups, SUMIFs, SUMPRODUCT, Pivot Tables,)
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel Skills.
- Financial Systems Experience.
- An understanding of: Financial reporting and Audit requirements, Financial management and processes in the Retail / Attraction businesses Sector.
- Attention to detail with high level of accuracy and well-developed numeracy skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
If this is of interest apply now or call Vishal Rajani on 021 192 9374 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in a word document.
Job ID: 102603
Please note this role is for candidates who are available immediately for a 12 months fixed term contract role