- Work collaboratively to support the finance team
- Kingsland location
- Immediate start or notice period can be accommodated
My Client is currently looking for a vibrant and engaging full time Assistant Accountant to join their team.
This busy role is to carry out a range of practical accounting tasks, working towards the collation, checking and analysis of financial information. This role is reasonably high volume and fast-paced in the commercial construction industry and requires a lot of internal and external queries, so you will need to be a problem solver with an ability to positively influence others.
Your key responsibilities include;
- Supervision of the Accounts Payable function including troubleshooting and reconciling creditor accounts
- Preparation of payment runs to support monthly cycles
- Monitoring and undertaking financial administration and transactions;
- The role will also include the processing and co-ordination of payroll and IRD filing of returns.
- Assisting in the filing and completion of the company’s tax returns;
- Implementing processes within the finance team to simplify and improve existing procedures.
- Monthly and year end reconciliations;
- Assisting the Accountant with budgets, cashflow and ad-hoc reports;
- Supporting the Accountant with any exciting ad-hoc projects.
Being part of the team:
The successful individual will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be adaptable, and happy to ‘muck in’ and help out when the workloads hit crazy-busy levels.
- You must have a tertiary qualification in finance or accountancy.
- Strong practical understanding of accounting principles and techniques and knowledge of relevant legislation is critical.
- We are looking for someone who is computer savvy with the ability to learn new IT systems and a proactive problem solver.
If you feel that you are up for the challenge and a good fit for the team feel free to submit your application quoating Job ID 92658 or call Tim Fang at 021 192 4251.