My client is a large, well-known transport and infrastructure organisation, helping to transform Auckland’s CBD, improving the travel and commute times of countless people. Due to the continued growth and development of the business, they are looking to employ a new Assistant Accountant.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, the role is required to provide financial accounting and reporting support for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements for internal and external parties, as well as Procurement responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- General Ledger and processing of journals
- Bank Reconciliations and Cash Management
- Assisting with monthly and annual Financial Reporting
- Fixed Assets – maintaining asset register
- Procurement – create contracts and purchase orders
- Tender management and contract review
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A tertiary degree in Accounting, ideally part or newly qualified CA
- Proven experience in the above technical requirements
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent communication skills, with a good sense of humour
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
Applicants must be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident
Please attach your CV and Cover Letter, both in MS Word.doc format
For more information, please contact Michael Hoyle on firstname.lastname@example.org