Our client is a leader in the Civil Construction sector and they specialise in high profile projects ranging from Land Development, Water, Wastewater, Roading and Bridges. Head Office is in Auckland, and they have regional offices located in both the North & South Islands.
They currently seek to employ a Bid Manager to join their dynamic Auckland based management team. With proven experience leading end-to-end tender processes, the successful applicant will be responsible managing the process to successfully bid and win profitable quality projects for the business. You will ensure these projects are well led and provide the company with competitive and successful outcomes to meet its planned financial and commercial growth.
- Manage the development of the bid strategy with in conjunction with key personnel in the business.
- Identify the required resources for individual tenders and ensure the team is clear on roles and responsibilities.
- Establish, manage and control allocated tender budgets.
- Ensure clear understanding of tender/contract documentation in detail to ensure the tender reflects the requirements of the documentation.
- Manage the tender review process ensuring close out of all actions and final authority is received for submission of tender.
- Establish commercial relationships with teaming partners and sub-contractors including consultants.
- Manage and review the development of the detailed construction methodology and programme including using both your own construction experience and the experience of other experts within the company.
- Ensure the achievement of the company’s Health & Safety, Quality, and Environmental, vision and goals.
- Review and monitor compliance and future customer trends and recommend positioning, intervention, or leverage for improvement in bid/ business performance in HSE&Q.
- Identify and understand customer needs, and expected outcomes.
- Develop and manage internal & external relationships with key stakeholders.
- Act as the Bid Champion for other managers and Leaders within the business, offering.
- quired Skills & Experience
- Proven experience preparing cost estimates for tenders for civil infrastructure projects.
- Detailed understanding of construction sequences, programming and methods.
- Experience using Estimating Software Packages.
- Tertiary qualification - Civil Engineering or other relevant Engineering/Construction qualification.
- Proven experienced leading, coaching and mentoring bid team members.
- Outstanding negotiating skills
- Ability to optimise outcomes to ensure win-win solutions.
- Effective Decision-Making capability
If you believe you have the skills & experience to succeed in this business critical role then Apply Here or call Ray Crocker at Beyond Recruitment on 021 181 6300 for a confidential discussion.
Ref No: 98061