We are looking for an experienced Advisor who will be supporting a crown entity by making connections between its strategic direction and performance. You will also be providing effective public accountability and assurance.
As an experienced Advisor you will be expected to help execute organisational strategy through preparing Statement of Intents and Statement of Performance Expectations documents. You will be telling the organization's performance story through effective performance information and data. You will be good at making connections and you will be a confident advisor on planning and performance approaches and supporting senior leaders to report effectively to the Minister.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Business information facilitation and coordination - to strategic planning, performance, reporting, risk management and continuous improvement processes,
- Business advisory services and support - as required for the Strategy & Performance Group (in coordination with other Groups) to help ensure the quality and consistency of advice, services and practices across the business group,
- Delivery of business advice that actively supports and contributes to the achievement of the organization's outcomes and that delivers to the needs of internal and external stakeholders,
- Coordination and preparation of accountability documents (e.g. the Statement of Intent, Statement of Performance Expectations, and Annual Report) and support for internal governance processes.
- Performance reporting - preparation of reporting for the Chief Executive and the Board, including coordinated reporting across the Groups required by the Senior Leadership team.
You need to have:
- Developed performance frameworks and managed organisation wide systems and processes,
- Fantastic communication skills, and
- Credibility and confidence to successfully provide guidance and support to staff.
We are also looking for:
- Ability of quick analysis of information and complex issues,
- Ability to problem solve and create solutions,
- Great relationship management skills, and
- An understanding of public sector processes.
In return you will be working with a great manager who supports their staff and strongly believes in the work they do.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with me at email@example.com or call me on 04 494 11 84 quoting job number 97102.
Alternatively, you can click on APPLY NOW to send a copy of your CV and a cover letter. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Bilge MacPhee and Kathy Claridge are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team.