We are looking for a Business Analyst to come and join a very busy team in a central government agency. This is a fixed term role for 9 months starting in January next year to cover a maternity leave. There is also the possibility of the role becoming permanent.
The Business Analyst role provides business analytic capability to the branch across a wide variety of areas. The role ensures that information is used to inform good governance and management decisions, supports the branch to implement technology changes and ensures that the Quality Management processes across the branch are managed, fit for purpose and effective.
The business analyst assists with the design, implementation, maintenance and administration of branch governance and performance monitoring activities, including quality and change management, reporting, analysis and delivery of ongoing reporting obligations.
The role requires the successful candidate to be able to demonstrate they have experience in:
- Extracting data for OIA’s, Privacy Act, Ministerial servicing and media requests within legislatively required timeframes to meet accountability obligations for internal clients, Ministers, Cabinet and Parliamentary Select Committees and other stakeholders,
- Evidence based analysis,
- All aspects of a project life cycle to support team projects, and
- Stakeholder management.
We will also need you to have:
- Wide ranging knowledge of business processes and analytical experience,
- Proven ability to use reporting infrastructure tools such as those included in SAS and BI Object, and
- Working knowledge of public sector processes.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job number 95805. Applications for this role close on Sunday 25th November.
Alternatively, you can click on APPLY NOW to send a copy of your CV. Please also provide a cover letter outlining how you match the role. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz