About the role:
My client is one of the leading banks in NZ and is looking for an experienced Data Steward to provide the management and oversight of their data assets to help provide the business with high-quality data that is compliant to organisational and regulatory requirements, and that data consumers and producers adhere to good data handling behaviours and practices.
- Ensure good data handling practices concerning procurement, management, use and destruction of data.
- Have in-depth understanding of critical data within your business unit and be recognised as a subject matter expert
- Provide hands on observation, auditing and assistance across data quality (ACTIVU), data policy, data maangement and data governance
- Ensure data critical to your business unit is known, defined and documented. You are responsible for leveraging this data to your business unit's benefit
- Review existing data to verify what is crucial for key reports, key business activities and to make key business decisions
- Drive execution of data strategy and governance within your business unit, embedding data governance within BAU operations for sustainable data goverance practices
- Enforce policies related to data management, access, usage, security, quality
- Champion awareness of good data behaviour within your business unit and across the organisation
As an experienced Data Steward, you'll have exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills.
You will have:
- 5+ years' experience in data management and governance in a regulated environment
- Data related qualifications (eg Certified Data Management Professional), desirable but not compulsory
- Understanding of data related regulations (BCBS 239, CPS 235, EU GDPR, NZ Privacy Law Reform, PCI DSS, etc)
- Knowledge of information and data mangement concepts critical to data and data flows
- Comfortable with technical data discussions
- Relevant tertiary qualification
You must be eligible to work in NZ to be considered for this role.
If this looks like you, apply now or contact Paula Broussard at email@example.com .
Ref : 101592