The purpose of the role is to provide strategic financial management and decision support to DDGs, business units and the wider Ministry.
The Finance Business Partner provides business and financial information and advice that assists in strategic and investment decision making as well as reviewing the inputs into the preparation of external Government budget cycle returns, external financial reports and liaises with Treasury and auditors on these matters as required. The role builds trusted relationships and is a key point of contact for business units for which they are responsible.
- Understanding of business planning, budgetary processes and systems relating to business performance, reporting and governance
- Experience in contributing to strategic decisions and formulating business decisions
- Experience in analysing technical issues and making business decisions with financial impact
- Strong analytical, strategic and planning skills as well as being commercially savvy
- Ability to influence others and encourage contributions from people over whom there is no management responsibility
- Be motivated by a challenge, bring a positive, flexible and agile approach to work with a strong “can do” attitude
- Able to build and maintain positive stakeholder relationships and effective networks across and within organisations
- Experience in communicating the “big picture” and being prepared to deliver and analyse the detail.
- Knowledge of a large Ministry business environment, its strategic priorities, strengths and weaknesses
- Knowledge of Government Financial Management legislation, policies and practices
- Experience in project management
- Experience in management reporting within large complex and diverse organisations.
Apply via the link provided or call Peter Campbell for a confidential discussion on (04) 494 7091.
Job ID: 103583