- Part time role - 3 days per week
- Strategic and Operational role
- Senior position with 6 direct reports
Established in 1958, Haemophilia Foundation of New Zealand (HFNZ) supports and represents people with haemophilia and other related bleeding disorders in New Zealand.
HFNZ is a registered charity that aims to:
- Provide support for people with haemophilia, von Willebrand’s Disorder and related bleeding disorders and their families/whanau
- Maintain and improve the standard of treatment of haemophilia and related bleeding disorders throughout New Zealand
- Be a representative of the haemophilia population at a government level and to health services providers
- Be a responsible member of the global bleeding disorders community
HFNZ’s mission statement is to promote excellence in haemophilia care, education, advocacy and support.
HFNZ is currently looking for its next leader who can bring the right mix of leadership and strategic thinking to the organisation. HFNZ has had a history of strong leadership and is currently looking for their next inspirational CEO.
In a broad sense the responsibilities of the role will be to manage the finances, fundraising, staff, projects and initiatives, working with the board to delivery strategic objectives to further the goals and objectives of HFNZ. There are several essential programmes largely aimed educating and improving the relationship HFNZ has with its members, that will require review and assessment on meeting the needs and the objectives of the foundation.
The position is responsible for 6 employees; however, there are a number of other individuals around the country that support HFNZ in the form of passionate volunteers who have a very close affinity with the organisation and can assist in a number of ways given the correct leadership and direction.
The successful applicant will be an individual who understands the complexities and challenges involved in delivering successful outcomes and programmes with limited resources. You will hold a relevant tertiary qualification and must understand the health and disability sector. Ideally you will be familiar with successful fundraising activities, understanding the current climate and challenges.
You are commercially astute with excellent negotiation and influencing skills and can motivate a broad range of individuals, understanding the value of teamwork and networking. Integrity and trust are values you hold in high regard. The challenge is how you are able to accomplish this goal to a high quality, with the constraints that currently challenge charitable organisations, driving HFNZ forward in a positive direction.
Fundamentally, the role is to improve the level of care and support for individuals with haemophilia and their families; understanding that every patient has different needs and expectations regarding HFNZ due to personal circumstances and demographics.
Some of the key challenges:
- Diversification of funding
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with funders
- Understanding and awareness of government policy regarding health and disability
- Raising the profile and understanding of haemophilia and HFNZ
- Utilisation of the volunteer network
This is a highly rewarding position that will allow you to make a huge difference to a grateful community. Your results will be highly transparent allowing you to clearly see the impact of your endeavours. The role offers strategic challenge and the opportunity to work with passionate individuals who have a vested interest in your success.
The closing date for applications is 10th October 2018.
If this opportunity is of interest please ‘Apply Now’, submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , or feel free to contact me on 027 566 6561 for a confidential and open discussion. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Job Ref: 94556