This is a contract opportunity in a fantastic initiative to benefit all Wellingtonians. This multi billion programme of investment is a joint venture between the Council and multiple other agencies.
You will be involved in this passionate work developing and delivering a transport system that supports Wellington’s growth, while making it safer and easier to move around. This program aims to build a harbour city that is truly accessible to all. This will be achieved further with attractive places, shared streets, and efficient local and regional journeys. With a program like this in place, the result will be moving more people with fewer vehicles.
Becuase this is a dynamic and complex work environment, we are looking for proactivity, flexibility, innovation, and collaboration in the succesful candidate. If you are interested in working in a programme which involves being across both local and central government, read on.
Some of the key purposes of this role will be to:
- Contribute to the overall delivery of the Urban Development strategy
- Develop feasibility packages and business cases that identify, establish and deliver approaches for land assembly
- Lead and manage the connection between the Urban Development programme and other teams involved
This role is also responsible for leading and managing the relationships with council teams who provide specialist skills and strategic/tactical experience required to undertake Urban Development. You will be establishing and developing partnership arrangements with both the public and private sector that will see the delivery of Urban Development objectives.
To be considered for this role you will have extensive specialist experience in varied environments showcasing your strong demonstrable knowledge of and experience in:
- One or more of architecture, commercial design, urban development and planning industry
- Consenting in a complex urban environment
- Managing all facets of large scale projects for internal and external customers
- Preparing urban design and development strategy, delivery plans feasibility reports on complex sites and areas
- A mix of Private and Local and/or Central Government industry
- Commercial negotiation and management
If you have the passion and skills that match what we are after, please do contact me at email@example.com to find out more and for a full Job Description. You can apply online with your CV and a cover letter explaining how you match the role.
Job Ref: 105800
As this is an urgent requirement for a contractor closing date for this role is Tuesday 4th August.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Bilge MacPhee and Kathy Claridge are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team.