This is a significant Auckland based government organisation that has a sizable portfolio of projects coming through for 2020 in Northland. As a result, they are ramping up their resource needed for delivery and now need a team leader/senior project manager to take charge of the Northland portfolio of work and lead a team of project managers. This represents a great leadership opportunity for an applicant keen to work and live in Whangarei or surrounding districts.
The role will see you:
- Leading a team of project managers ensuring that their projects are delivered
- Partnering with consultants and providing ongoing monitoring of progress and coordinating resource to meet milestones
- Providing mentoring and support to project managers
- Responsibility for ensuring the successful planning of the work programme
- Facilitating a cohesive team culture
- Being the key relationship facilitator for stakeholders, these include School Principals, BOTs, contractors, technical advisors, community groups and all other key stakeholders
- At times be responsible for the delivery of a major projects covering all aspects of projects and contract management
Working with procurement team to develop procurement plans and participate on selection panels
As a senior project manager, you will need to come from the construction industry either from a consultancy or client-side background with 10 + years of NZ based experience. Experience and/or knowledge gained within the public sector is preferred either working via a consultancy or another public sector organisation. A tertiary qualification in Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Building Science, or Engineering is essential. Being well organised with a proactive attitude and with excellent client/stakeholder management skills is essential.
You will be rewarded with a salary between $150K and $160K depending on experience which represents relative bang for your buck living in Northland with a cheaper cost of living.
For further information on this exciting role, please call Matt Shortt on 027 554 4064 or email your resume to email@example.com
Ref No: 105263