The role of the Cloud Architect is to assess project needs to select appropriate Cloud server technology, storage technology, network elements, load balancing elements, Authentication and Authorisation solutions, and catalogue items from cloud providers. In addition, the Cloud Architect will, define the infrastructure solution of a project. The role is expected to interpret the Companies cloud policy and use it to execute on Cloud solutions for proj ects.
The Cloud Architect is expected to liaise with and influence key Stakeholders – such as Architecture Councils and Forums – to ensure that the position of the Cloud team is understood and championed.
Delivery of Cloud solutions will make for a challenging work environment in a rapidly changing landscape. Engagement and collaboration with Client's business, technical teams and vendors will be key to the success of this role in ensuring that the correct balance between users, technology and security requirements are achieved.
About the role:
- Solution Architecture
- Quality Assurance
- Relationship Management
- Strategy & Planning
- Network standards, protocols, design and configuration.
- Network Design on AoG IaaS.
- 5+ years of experience developing and implementing architectures that are compliant with Industry Security Frameworks (e.g. NZISM, PSR).
- 5+ years’ experience of multi domain infrastructure design and architecture.
- Related technical expertise in networking, database, API technologies, DevOps practices, infrastructure design and configuration.
- Experience with designing for IaaS and PaaS solutions.
- Experience with Public cloud offerings
- Experience with AWS, Azure
- Experience with Cloud Business Offices, and/or Cloud Transformation initiatives
- Commercial nous with respect to cloud billing setup will be an advantage
- Cloud Infrastructure domain
- Infrastructure (virtual hardware, operating system, IaaS) design and configuration.
- Database – Oracle / RAC, ADG, SQL Server Always On.
- Middleware – WLS / WAS /WMB/IIB/API Technologies.
- Service design on IaaS: Backup, VM and file replication, PAM., AD replication, LDAP replication, patching, monitoring.
- Security: patching, Monitoring, incident reporting, SEIM, certificate management and identity related product configuration design.
We'd love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or contact Paula Broussard on 021 196 4296 for a confidential discussion.
Job Ref: 101919
Beyond Recruitment IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities. Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.
NB: Based on the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To be considered for this role you will need to be legally entitled to take up a full-time work opportunity in New Zealand.