The Company & Role
Our client is a privately-owned New Zealand business, headquartered in West Auckland, with global locations. They are a close-knit team, with a real family feel culture. The finance team is a small, collaborative team, looking to add a new Company Accountant.
The Company Accountant reports to the Financial Controller and works alongside the Assistant Account & Creditors Clerk.
The role will include:
- Reconciliations and monthly accounts
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and action monthly journals
- Prepare depreciation schedules
- Process all foreign currency and travel invoices
- Preparation of freight shipments and shipping documentation
- Preparation and processing of GST payments
- Supporting the Financial Controller with job costing
- Processing of weekly payroll
- HR responsibilities, including updating personnel files
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 10+ years’ New Zealand experience in an Accountant role
- Experience processing payroll, up to date with relevant legislation
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- CA qualification preferred, not essential
- Manufacturing/Engineering experience preferred, not essential
- Organised and excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
Job Ref: 99703
Applicants must be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please attach your CV and a Cover Letter, both in MS Word.doc format
For more information, please contact Michael Hoyle on firstname.lastname@example.org