This is a Cambridge based residential and commercial construction company that have grown significantly in the past 2 years. They have a staff compliment of 30 including carpentry and are looking to increase even more this year as more and more work is being awarded.
Their work spans multi residential, lighter commercial, industrial and fitouts. They have 9 – 10 jobs on at once with at least one large job at any one time.
At present, their GM is operating most of the construction management across sites and the purpose of this role is to free up his time to focus on other parts of the business by employing a focused and dedicated construction manager to oversee the sites and report back on progress with respect to timeliness, quality and client satisfaction.
The role will assume overall responsibility for project and client delivery management. The role will be hands on and involve full management and coordination of the entire process. The role will see you interacting with the client, mentoring site foreman and providing assistance for any gaps of information and/or solving problems that arise on the job being quick to act with solutions. You will be ensuring that jobs are running to budget being accountable for site staff productivity.
You will be updating the GM as well as Directors on any issues and progress.
As a background, you have:
- 8+ years’ experience in residential, density residential and light/medium sized commercial construction projects
- Carpentry Trade qualified
- Able to exert authority and control of people and processes with a view to project quality, cost and timeliness
- Understand pressure points and sub contractor issues that can arise
- Be a strong problem solver
- Can make improvements where necessary and recommend changes to management
- Can work with technology and contribute to programming
- Has strong client relationship building strengths
This is a challenging role for a site manager/project manager looking for their next level of responsibility with a progressive builder with a great team feel.
Salary: $100K - $110K + vehicle + phone/laptop.
For further information, please call Matt on 027 5544064 or email your details to email@example.com