This is a growing commercial construction company with a strong reputation for delivering projects on time and on budget with an outstanding commitment to client service delivery. They are financially well resourced, have established systems in place, and operate in the $10M - $30M projects size space across new build and refurbishment. They currently have a team of 30 in place. With key clients offering stable and secure work pipeline into 2021, their strategy is to grow further and identify new project opportunity in what they view is a reasonably positive market heading into 2021. In order to achieve growth and add another layer to the current structure, they are looking for a combined construction management and business development skill set. The role would sit beneath the Director and have oversight for the construction team including project, site management as well as working in with the commercial team.
Reporting into a Director and your overall purpose will be to provide oversight into the team, add process and QA refinement into current systems, whilst simultaneously leveraging off your networks and securing new business/project opportunities.
- Construction management including staff management
- Business Development, selling capability and leveraging established relationships within the industry
- Contributing to pricing, tender management and review
- Process reorientation including documentation review and enhancements
- Client management and client relationship development
- Staff Resources and External consultants/sub-contractors
- Program timelines and program management
- Cost management
- Quality Assurance
- Risks management
- A tertiary qualification relevant to construction, project management or quantity surveying and/or a trade qualification
- Previous experience in a Project/Construction Management within the NZ commercial contraction industry
- Strong skills in business development and sales, networking and drawing in new business with relationships from architects, designers, and consultants industry wide
- Negotiation and influencing strengths
- Ability to suggest changes and add value to processes
- Strong cost management and understanding of various forms of contract
- High level of planning and organisational skills
- Strong team management skills
- A positive track record of liaising closely and managing relationships with clients, consultants, subcontractors and other stakeholders
If you are looking for a new challenge, enjoy construction managment but also have a notepad full of contacts, leads and established industry relationship; this role could be for you.
In return for your efforts, you will be rewarded with a salary of between $180K - $200K + veh + bonus for new business.