- Permanent role
- NZ & Australian owned construction industry based organisation
- Central Wellington location (car park available)
- $55K to $58K depending on experience
Do you thrive in a customer facing role and enjoy people interaction? Our client is seeking a Counter Sales/Customer Service person to join, and support, their Trade Centre team. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Retail Sales Assistant who has exposure in the construction industry. This permanent role will require you to demonstrate your customer service, sales and admin support skills. Responsibilities include a broad range of activities including face-to-face instore sales and back office storeroom management.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding customer service to customers instore, via phone or email
- Ensure the store is well maintained through high quality merchandising
- Processing customer orders; ordering and preparing stock for dispatch
- Provide support to the field sales staff
- Stocktakes and general admin tasks.
To be successfully considered for the role, you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Proven experience in face-to-face sales, ideally within the construction/building industry
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational skills in relation to tracking orders and providing follow-ups with customers
- Basic computer skills and ability to pick up new systems
- A current drivers licence is required, with a forklift endorsement preferred.
In return, you will receive comprehensive training, a competitive salary and the ability to earn commission. Additionally, there is the opportunity to progress into a Field Sales role, based on your success.
If this role sounds like your next career move and your resume demonstrates the relevant skills and experience, please apply now or call Rebecca Berney at Beyond Recruitment on 04 472 2434 for more information, quoting reference 88535.