Job Ref: 91525 SCS
Cyber Security Specialist - a rare and unique opportunity - $180,000 per annum, negotiable plus benefits
- based in high profile, prestigious NZ government organisation
- Wellington based - brand new role
- Combination cyber security advisor and security team manager
About the Organisation:
The organisation is a prestigious one with a high profile in the New Zealand government sector. Your stakeholders will be government officials working at the highest levels.
They are based in central city Wellington, close to all transport hubs.
About the role:
The Cyber Security Specialist role is a newly established one. Your brief will have you responsible for the development and implementation of all cyber-security related policies, practices and procedures. In addition, you will be responsible for identifying any critical risks to the organisation and putting in place initiatives to remediate those problems.
The position reports to the Chief Information Officer.
Overall, the goal of the position is to provide an ever-increasing level of strength around the cyber security the organisation has in place.
IN ADDITION you will be responsible for, over time, hiring and managing additional cyber security specialists in to the team. This will happen in the medium term, and subsequent to you having identified what areas of cyber security need primary attention.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Cyber security strategic planning and implementation
- Security development, monitoring and reporting
- Relationship management across internal stakeholders, business users and other government agencies
- In the medium term, building and managing a team of cyber security specialists
- This is genuinely a rare opportunity to take up a completely new role and make of it what you feel you want to
- You will have the opportunity to engage regularly with other senior level security specialists, both nationally and internationally.
The nature of the organisation also assures you of that most precious of things - a great work/life balance.
Sound like you? Then email your resume to me now by clicking the 'apply now' button below, or call Sue Saville on 64 4 471 5867 to find out more.