Job Ref 91450 SCS
PLEASE READ THIS: you MUST eligible to work in New Zealand AND be living in New Zealand RIGHT NOW in order to apply!
Data Warehouse Developer - Oracle - project based role
- $120,000 per annum negotiable PLUS benefits and bonus!
- based in highly successful and well established private sector company
- terrific manager, LOADS to learn, take your career to a whole new level
About the Organisation
The organisation is a well-established New Zealand company with a track record of success. They have a huge programme of work under way throughout the whole organisation over the next few years and thus they need more resources to help them get this successfully delivered.
They have a supportive organisational culture with a great team vibe, a friendly atmosphere and highly skilled and supportive managers. They offer some amazing to develop your skills and your career to a whole new level via both on-the-job training and formal training courses.
About the role:
You will be one of a team of Data Warehouse developers and data analysts. They work in an Oracle environment.
You will be carrying out a range of data warehouse development activities. NOTE: there is a separate team of data warehouse analysts. This is a specifically data warehouse development position.
You will be carrying out a full range of tasks including maintaining base information tables, monitoring production loads, gathering requirements, leading development projects and mentoring team members.
What they are looking for in your CV:
- a strong background of working in the data warehouse development space using Oracle
- experience in using SQL Plus and PL SQL
- experience in using TOAD and Oracle DW Builder
- a strongly proactive approach, and the ability to demonstrate where you have suggested initiatives in the development area that have been instrumental in bringing about change and improvement to the wider business
- some background experience of carrying out testing in a data warehouse environment
- experience in identifying data content and any shortfalls (in other words, being able to identify what is there, what is not, and what is needed)
- experience of mentoring less experienced data warehouse developers.
And any experience you have in using Cloud technologies, especially Hadoop, AWS and Hive, will mean they are throwing open their front door in their rush to meet you!
As a personality, you need to be a proactive person with a positive, enthusiastic style. You do need to be comfortable in talking to a wide range of people, both technical and non-technical.
You will have the chance to work with a seriously smart and switched on group of people, and will be working for a manager who is one of THE nicest and smartest and most supportive people you could ever hope to work for.
Sound good? It IS! Email your resume to me NOW by clicking the 'apply now' button below or call Sue Saville on 04 471 5867 for more information.
NOTE: the name of the hiring organisation cannot be released until such time as a CV has been received.