- North Shore
- Leading role with ownership of all tools and technologies
- Great exposure to a range of cloud technologies
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Based on the North Shore, at this highly successful and welcoming workplace you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day running of their environments, both production and non-production. They offer a busy, fun and sociable environment, a great management team and a whole lot of new things to learn. This organisation is going through a period of growth after receiving great demand in the marketplace for their product offering and taking on cutting edge IOT projects for development of new technologies. You will be joining a team of high calibre Developers who are responsible for producing a high-quality products for the market. This business values technical nous and the ability to provide creative solutions to problems particular around embedded development. If you’ve worked in embedded development environments or product companies, this will be a distinct advantage.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
A summary of the key elements of the position includes:
- Day-to-day management of environments, both production and non-production. You will also be managing the development process to ensure automation and efficiencies
- Liaising with the Product, Architecture and Development teams to ensure that technical environments are able to cope with the increasing demands that projects place on them
- Monitoring the performance and throughput or load across servers
- Developing automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications in data centres and in cloud
- Focusing attention on opportunities for continuous improvements within the workplace through improving activities and processes to make things Easier, Better, Faster and Cheaper.
- Consulting with other IT professionals in the analysis and deployment of Open-source tools and technologies that will ensure a robust infrastructure is achieved.
- Documenting procedures
- Lead a team of DevOps and Automation Engineers
You will have experience working in an embedded development environment and you will have experience with most of the following:
- Experience in a simlar role
- Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure
- Managing Jenkins 2.0 with pipelines and Job DSL
- Managing/creating Docker containers
- Kubernetes or other similar container management tool.
- Atlassian tools particularly JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket
We'd love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or contact Mignon Olivier on 027 582 1129 for a confidential discussion.
Ref: AK 88016 Beyond Recruitment IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities.
Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.
NB: Candidates who have the legal right to work in NZ are invited to apply. While all candidates will be reviewed, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.