- Tier 3 role
- Demonstrate your senior leadership skills
- Lead and influence organisational change management
Opportunities at this level within a large complex government organisation don’t come along very often.
NZDF is a unique employer and no two days are ever the same. The Defence Force exists to secure the well-being of New Zealand and New Zealanders with responses that include providing stability and peace support operations, humanitarian assistance, disaster relief and maritime surveillance.
How many employers run their own shipping, airline and land logistics operations? At the Defence Force you will get an opportunity to work across multiple platforms and engage in a variety of interesting activities that support New Zealand. Defence Force staff are provided with career growth opportunities that would be difficult to match - while working to protect and benefit New Zealand in a culture built around commitment, courage, comradeship and integrity.
You would join a committed and passionate team that together focus on one common goal to make a positive difference to New Zealand and New Zealanders.
What you will do:
You will lead the Finance Business Partner, Finance Advisor and Performance Analytics and System teams and take overall responsibility for the delivery and management of workflows in line with NZDF’s Finance priorities and strategic vision. As part of the Senior Finance Leadership team, you will work closely with the Financial Controller and Director Finance Strategy and Modelling to ensure the integrity of actuals, budgets and forecast information as well as supporting cross finance processes and enable NZDF decision makers, strategic partners and government.
You will bring:
- Extensive and proven successful experience at a leadership level in finance/accounting with a minimum of ten years’ post CA or more practical experience in a finance/accounting role in a similar organisation
- Ability to gain a high understanding of the NZDF organisation, organisation, its business, its roles, structures and command chains, and the political, social, cultural and economic environment it operates in
- Proven experience at developing and maintaining successful and productive relationships at executive management level and across a broad range of stakeholders
If you are interested in this opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 27 June 2021
For further information or for a confidential initial chat, please contact Peter Campbell or Michael Chhim on (04) 494 7091 quoting job number 110026
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance:
- Most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last ten (10) years, OR
- Is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one of more of the following countries for the last ten (10) years; either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process: