- Are you a systems thinker who can see the big picture and make the connections to get there?
- Have you operated at a director level and challenged status quo of an organization constructively?
- Do you want to be able to work flexibly?
My client is looking for a director to come and join their team in a central government organization. This is a big role in every sense, and we are in search for that special person who will own this role with their solid leadership skills as well as fantastic personal qualities.
About the role:
The job is placed in a branch that is the lead advisor for a regulatory system and this branch is striving to be world leading. They work in a cross-system collaborative way with regulatory partners and the role will be focusing on innovative ways of working to enable that.
The Director will be supporting the branch General Manager and there are no direct reports. You will be leading, supporting and influencing others with your outside the box thinking. Even though you will be directly reporting to one General Manager, there are two other General Managers that you will have dotted reporting line to. This shows the importance of this role for the whole branch. Hence, we are looking for someone with a well-established systems thinking.
Again, this will require someone with absolutely flawless relationship building and maintaining skills. You will also be the glue for the branch for the external relationships with regulatory bodies.
The branch has gone through a massive change over the last 2 years reshaping the way they operated and modernizing their thinking. They have now reached a stage where exciting things are happening and the work that has been going on for the last two years is finally coming together! It is a great time to be joining this branch with lots of talented people committed to the success of this work programme.
We are looking for a person who
- Has a vison and who can influence, lead and motivate others
- Demonstrates mastery of public policy processes and regulatory systems
- Is able to use policy and/or regulatory experience and judgement to shape the future agenda and priorities
- Understands the system, how people and the organisation functions and is able to drive the Ministry’s work programme and influence change across teams, branches and groups
- Is able to apply strong intellectual capability and judgement to analyse large, complex policy issues and readily grasp and synthesise the ideas, analysis and advice produced by others
- Is experienced at developing and delivering a work programme, including enabling tools and processes
- Has the intellectual capability and judgement to manage multiple complex projects concurrently
In addition, we are really looking for that personality who can invigorate others and who is absolutely great with relationship management.
What you will get in return:
This role is a big one, so it will be a great career move on any CV.
Mid-range for the salary is around $200k per annum.
The role is full time, however, offers flexible working options so please include in your cover letter what this means to you and what it is that you would expect from a flexible working arrangement.
If you think this sounds like you, please call me on 027 558 6323 for a chat and I can tell you more!
Alternatively, you can click on APPLY NOW to send a copy of your CV and a cover letter. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Please quote Job# 99356
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Bilge MacPhee and Kathy Claridge are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team.