Job Ref: 95998
NOTE: you MUST be living in the Wellington region AND hold a valid Work Visa/be a NZ Resident/be a NZ citizen already in order to apply!!
Net Developer - get paid to travel! - $105,000-$110,000 per annum
Based in super-cool, NZ owned-company software consultancy with great fun vibe
- High energy, team focused environment - Agile training on offer!
- Well established and highly successful organisation
- Lots of opportunity for overseas travel to cool places, all paid for by your employer!
About the Organisation
The organisation is a private sector, New Zealand-owned IT software consultancy. They have 55 employees and their offices are in central Wellington, very close to the railway station.
They are well established and highly successful business. They also have a strong commitment to ensuring they offer a happy, positive and enjoyable workplace and a great team to work with. The turnover of staff is extremely low, and when they recruit it is to grow the team, rather than replace people who are leaving.
They nature of the business they carry out is unique, and will appeal to those who like the idea of working in an organisation who works helps to increase the quality of life for those in economically advantaged situations.
What the job is about:
The role is that of a .NET Developer within this established, successful software development consultancy. You will be carrying out IT development projects for the company's client sites. You will be a member of a team of 30 Developer/Business Analyst professionals amongst a wider group of 65 people employed by the organisation in total.
Those who have had experience of carrying out development in financial, banking, insurance, payroll or financial systems of some sort would find this work of special interest. That said, they aren't limited their search to people with this background.
This is a project based type of role. That means you will be involved in all aspects of the development project work from talking to business users, requirements gathering, and documentation through to hands-on development and subsequent involvement in systems implementation and integration.
What they need is:
- someone who is bright and who learns fast
- someone who can relate easily to customers and communicate effectively, both in writing and on the phone/via Skype (a lot of their clients are based overseas, hence the chance for you to travel at the company's expense!)
- someone who understands how front-end systems interface with the backend database
- someone who is keen to carry out a wide variety of work in one of THE most interesting and rewarding situations you could hope for.
TECHNOLOGIES THEY USE and SKILLS THEY WANT TO SEE:
- Full stack .NET over SQL Server (note: they don't do any mobile or apps related development. It is all SQL Server based)
- Experience of working with Winforms
- A good understanding of how front end systems interface with the backend database
- Experience of working with large, complex IT systems
- Someone who enjoys the chance to travel (although you get to choose if and when you go - it isn't compulsory!)
PLEASE NOTE that, in order to apply, you DO need to be living in the Wellington region right now in order to apply AND you must be a NZ Resident or NZ citizen OR hold a valid NZ Work Visa!
Sound good? It IS! Email your resume to me NOW by clicking the 'apply now' button below, or call Renee Mouton on 4 471 5868 for more information.
NOTE: the name of the hiring organisation cannot be released until such time as a CV has been received.