- Competitive salary and package
- Great team and working environment
- Interesting work! Develop your skills!
An expanding team is looking to hire a capable analyst with a strong interest in evidence and economics. This small team is highly capable and intellectual. Your work will inform government and private sector clients on high profile topics.
Whilst part of a team working on specific projects you will also work one on one with senior colleagues on complex and challenging discreet pieces of work. You will analyse data, model thinking and write reports that meaningfully evidence your findings. Working with information and modelling scenarios will be your strength.
You will ideally have 3-5 years of experience working with statistics, public policy, regulation or microeconomics. A relevant tertiary qualification would be advantageous.
In these roles you will need to be able to check in with others, whilst driving your own work which contributes to the work of others.
We are seeking skills and experience that includes:
- Competence applying and learning new modelling software
- Familiarity with open source analytical tools such as R or Python
- Excellent communication, written and oral
- Ability to clarify and create understanding
- Strength in spotting anomalies with numerical and other data series
- Intellectual rigour to test and question assumptions
- Strength in ability to link and evidence findings to advice
- Desire to work to a high standard
If you are keen to work with highly capable and smart people, be part of a rapidly growing independent economic consultancy and to further hone and develop your modelling and analysis skills, please get in contact with us today.
For further information about this role email Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job number 101635.
To send a copy of your CV and cover letter please click APPLY NOW. All applications will be acknowledged electronically after 7 October 2019.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Kathy Claridge and Bilge MacPhee are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team