- High profile role with diverse scope within a large organisation
- Chance to influence strategic decisions at the highest level
- Collaborative, high performing & innovative team
NZDF is a unique employer and no two days are ever the same. The Defence Force exists to secure the well-being of New Zealand and New Zealanders with responses that include providing stability and peace support operations, humanitarian assistance, disaster relief and maritime surveillance.
How many employers run their own shipping, airline and land logistics operations? At the Defence Force you will get an opportunity to work across multiple platforms and engage in a variety of interesting activities that support New Zealand. Defence Force staff are provided with career growth opportunities that would be difficult to match - while working to protect and benefit New Zealand in a culture built around commitment, courage, comradeship and integrity.
You would join a committed and passionate team that together focus on one common goal to make a positive difference to New Zealand and New Zealanders.
What you will do:
As a Finance Business Partner, you will act as an internal finance consultant and be the primary interface between finance and strategic level stakeholders within 1-2 NZDF business portfolios. As an ambassador for the finance function, you will be responsible for providing trusted, insightful and comprehensive financial advice and support to Defence Force Leadership.
- Participating in portfolio strategic planning as a trusted advisor to portfolio leadership;
- Ensuring delivery of timely and accurate information and business support to assist financial and operational decision making and management;
- Being the greatest advocate as well the harshest critic for your portfolio, supporting as well as challenging senior leadership to ensure the best outcome for NZDF;
- Leading the delivery of robust and effective financial budgeting and forecasting for the portfolio;
- Proactively contributing to business alignment with the NZDF strategy; and
- Acting as a catalyst in driving initiatives critical to delivering the NZDF Finance and Business strategy.
What we need:
In this role, you will be empowered to manage your own portfolio and be responsible for advising financial decision making at a strategic level. Building and maintaining relationships to ensure that your advice is well-received and trusted will be key to your success.
You will also have:
- 7+ years’ experience working in a finance/accounting role within a large organisation;
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- An ability to influence, challenge and persuade others;
- Proven quantitative and qualitative analytical and evaluative skills, incorporating problem solving, decision making and creative thinking at a senior level; and
- Effective communication skills to translate technical financial information into accessible information.
If you are interested in this opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 20 June 2021
For further information or for a confidential initial chat, please contact Peter Campbell or Michael Chhim on (04) 494 7091 quoting job number 110312
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- Most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last ten (10) years, OR
- Is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one of more of the following countries for the last ten (10) years; either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process: