- Newly created leadership role in a prestigious environment
- Lead and mentor a team of 5
- Circa $130-145k per annum
About the Company:
The Parliamentary Service provides administrative and support services to members of Parliament and administers members' funding entitlements. The Parliamentary Service is also responsible for looking after the buildings and grounds of the parliamentary precincts.
Summary of the role and ideal leader:
Are you an experienced Leader that is looking for an exciting challenge in a unique and prestigious environment? This role will give you the opportunity to meet significant stakeholders and government officials. The role is varied, customer orientated and fast paced, and you will get the opportunity to deal with lots of different scenarios.
The role will be reporting directly to the CFO and you will lead a team of four experienced Finance Business Partners and a Systems Accountant who provide invaluable advice around budgets, forecasts and the financial system processes.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Creating an environment where the team understands and shares a common purpose
- Developing and implementing the finance strategy within the organisation
- Driving continuous improvement activities that add value, innovation and improve customer experience
- Managing financial risks, ensure they are understood, anticipated and mitigating actions are in place
- Providing the Leadership Team and Operational Management Team (OMT) with insightful reporting that identifies key issues, risks and opportunities
The successful candidate will come with the following:
- CA Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- Proven experience managing a team, with a passion for mentoring and developing those under you
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture, to connect high level strategy and goals through to operational business planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Strong on the ground budget management and forecasting experience
- Understanding of the machinery of government accounting including appropriation management would be highly beneficial
The role closes on Monday 23rd September 2019 at 5pm.
If you are interested in this brand-new opportunity, please click the APPLY NOW button. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
For further information contact Michael Chhim or Peter Campbell on (04) 473 2116 quoting job number 99555
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz