Our client is seeking a Financial Accountant on a fixed term basis to join their Financial Accounting team who are responsible for the Ministry’s financial compliance, internal controls and financial accounting.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Contribute to improving the Ministry’s financial compliance and internal controls for: month end tasks, integrity of the chart of accounts, technical advice of accounting standards, development and maintenance of financial policies, internal controls, balance sheet reconciliations, cash management, fixed assets management and indirect taxes.
Skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualification in accounting and qualified Chartered Accountant status within CAANZ, with a minimum of five years post qualification experience
- An in-depth understanding and experience applying public sector corporate finance processes and reporting standards including the Public Finance, State Sector Acts and International Accounting Standards on Public Benefit Entity
- Proficient with financial reporting standards and indirect taxation requirements
- Understanding of government decision making and operating procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of New Zealand’s machinery of government
- Prior experience of working with Oracle ERP, Fusion, or similar Tier 1 ERP systems in large organisations
- Proven ability to take ownership and manage the consolidation and coordination of financial information and activities including sound planning and working to deadlines
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Apply via the link provided or give Peter Campbell a call on (04) 494 7091 for a confidential discussion.
Job Ref: 102246