- Become an integral part of an engaged, supportive team
- Dynamic & varied role where no day is the same, great opportunity to develop
- Provide insights to decision makers
NZDF is a unique employer and no two days are ever the same. The Defence Force exists to secure the well-being of New Zealand and New Zealanders with responses that include providing stability and peace support operations, humanitarian assistance, disaster relief and maritime surveillance.
How many employers run their own shipping, airline and land logistics operations? At the Defence Force you will get an opportunity to work across multiple platforms and engage in a variety of interesting activities that support New Zealand. Defence Force staff are provided with career growth opportunities that would be difficult to match - while working to protect and benefit New Zealand in a culture built around commitment, courage, comradeship and integrity.
You would join a committed and passionate team that together focus on one common goal to make a positive difference to New Zealand and New Zealanders.
What you will do:
The Funding Analyst is responsible for providing financial advice and information relating to NZDF’s strategic issues and supporting planning and budgeting activities. You will be the subject matter expert with a primary focus on financial support for organisational budgets and funding.
You will also be:
- Leading NZDF’s funding requirements and resource allocation, coordinating input to Treasury Budget processes and providing financial analysis and support;
- Understanding the Vote Defence Force baseline and any changes arising to the baseline as a result of external Budget processes and other Cabinet decisions;
- Working closely with finance and the wider business to provide consistent financial support in understanding funding positions and the association with organisation costs;
- Providing development and oversight to co-ordinate the modelling approach for the funding positions; and
- Translating technical advice from specialists in the acquisition, operation and maintenance of military capabilities and organisational enablers into financial impacts.
What we need:
You will have a logical thinking approach and be able to pull together insights to inform decision makers around budgeting and funding. You will be confident working with the unknown and will utilise your strong interpersonal skills to positively engage and influence stakeholders, and provide costing leadership in project teams.
You will also have:
- Five or more years of practical experience in a finance/accounting or similar business analytical role in a large organisation;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information effectively to non-expert audiences, orally and in writing;
- Proven ability to demonstrate initiative and good judgment while operating with a high level of autonomy;
- Ability to identify best practices and implement them through leading change; and
- Ability to mentor, develop and inspire others.
If you are interested in this opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 20 June 2021
For further information or for a confidential initial chat, please contact Peter Campbell or Michael Chhim on (04) 494 7091 quoting job number 110313
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- Most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last ten (10) years, OR
- Is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one of more of the following countries for the last ten (10) years; either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process: