This is a successful construction business building a mix of commercial, residential and industrial projects. It has a significant pipeline of work through their development arm plus client relationships and networks ensuring a full pipeline for the next five years. All of their work sits outside of the tender market and is negotiated. They retain most of their trades in house with it not being subcontracted.
This is a newly created role that has been initiated by the Directors who will still be involved in the business but want to take a hands-off approach in the day-to-day operations, staff management, people management and reporting.
This position will play a critical role in ensuring that the company’s vision and targets are achieved.
Your key focus will be:
- Preparing regular cost and financial performance reports for the Directors together with the CFO
- Maintaining budgets and optimising expenses
- Provide leadership and support across the business
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the business
- Ensuring staff deliver results across the business
- Working with the Construction manager in the on-going training and development of site staff as well as setting and maintain quality standards
- Management of the HR function and recruitment process
- Setting policies and processes, evaluating and improving operations and financial performance
- Ensuring effective management of clients and client satisfaction
- 10 + years’ experience ideally gained within the construction sector in operations management or wider management roles
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in business management, commerce or construction management
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Strong supplier and trade relationships abilities
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Strong systems implementation and reporting skillsets
- Strong business and financial acumen
- The ability to solve operational problems
- Ability to set a culture based around collegiality, delivery and transparency
- You must have initiative and show enthusiasm for setting and leading company goals and growth
- Conflict resolution
This role is looking to remunerate in the range of $170K - $200K + bonus’s.
For further information, please call Matt on 0275544064 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org