This is a reputable interiors contractor that is part of a wider construction group. They cover all interior fit out and refurbishment jobs for high profile corporates, government and smaller businesses from design through to full project delivery. They have strong group resources to support the division, a quality brand that is recognisable in the market, and well-established systems, processes and policies in place. They work in a flexible fashion, move with the times and promote an enjoyable team working environment through regular events on the social calendar.
This is a Divisional leadership role taking ownership for the operations and performance of their Auckland Interiors Division. The key scope is ensuring the current business plan is managed whilst developing a future business plan with the view to achieving strong revenue and profit targets.
Key components of this role involve:
- Management and oversight of all project management and commercial management, reporting on performance/QA and profitability
- Recruitment, HR, growing a team, performance review and mentoring
- Business development, tenders/marketing and leading tender preparation, competitor analysis
- Business plan preparations
- Overall responsibility for growing revenue, profits and preparation of budgets
- Ensuring board reports are prepared including budgets, H&S reporting, and wider company issues
- Operations management including day to day operations, procedures and policy reviews and implementation, assurance over construction programmes in place as well as all Council sign offs are obtained
- Client relationship management and management of wider stakeholders of the business
- Overall sub contractor management
- Health & Safety Management
As an applicant, you have:
- 15+ years of Senior Project Management and/or Operational/General Management experience gained from within the commercial interiors construction sector
- A high level of business acumen
- In depth knowledge of commercial contracts, employment and H&S legislation
- Strong interpersonal skills developed through holding key leadership roles in the construction sector
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent business development and networking skills
- Tertiary qualification in construction and/or business management/commerce
- Strong people and performance management experience
This is a role that has great opportunity to shape and improve the performance and profitability of the current business.
Salary $170K - $200K + Vehicle