If you are looking to relocate to New Zealand and seeking that lifestyle change then this could be the role for you!
Our New Zealand based client provides engineering consultancy services on a number of vital industry functions and initiatives including design, research, innovation and development in the heavy engineering sector. They currently seek to employ a General Manager to lead, develop and implement strategy and leadership for the Structural Systems Division of the organisation based at their Auckland Head Office.
- Lead the ongoing strategy and program development for research, consulting, and training
- Promote and disseminate research outcomes, through industry publications, seminars, conferences, design guides and software
- Provide representation on relevant New Zealand and Australasian standards committees and on related industry bodies and Boards
- Lead, develop and provide strong team collaboration and a safety first culture
- Develop and manage effective industry relationships and networks
- Identify and manage related commercial activities to support income generation and manage income/expenditure budget forecasts
- Actively contribute to client and stakeholder communications and engagement
- Ensure clients and stakeholders are familiar and aware of emerging technologies, and utilising best practice design methodologies and research outcomes
Skills & Experience Required:
- Structural Engineer Qualification - Masters Degree (min)
- At least five years’ experience as a practising structural engineer
- Proven experience in Structural steel design
- Fire Engineering (desirable)
- Building response to wind and seismic (desirable)
- Environmental engineering/sustainability
- Leadership of professional engineers
- Strategic thinking, and the ability to develop and implement new ideas
- Effective communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire
- Demonstrated experience in research/innovation/training and project management
- Experience working within a research or training environment.
If you have the skills & experience to be successful in this role then apply here or contact Ray Crocker at Beyond Recruitment on +64 21 181 6300 for a confidential discussion or email at email@example.com
Job Ref: 100847