- Brand new role
- Strategic, customer focused role
- Proven senior leadership experience
This is an exciting opportunity. The General Manager (GM) – Social and Population Insights role is highly strategic and customer focused. It brings the outside in, so that Stats NZ understands current and future customer needs and its strategy, direction and delivery are focused on meeting those needs.
As GM you are accountable for:
- The efficient and integrated delivery of social and population statistical products, services and insights to our customers.
- Providing technical expertise and a data system oversight of the social and population subject matter domains.
- Developing strategies and new data, methods and approaches to ensure Stats NZ is well placed for the future.
- Supporting the achievement of Stats NZ’s strategic direction and priorities.
You will be part of Stats NZ’s Core Leadership group, accountable for delivering value for money outcomes for our customers, data suppliers and stakeholders, that come from the informed use of official statistics and related information.
Your leadership is important to the effective functioning of New Zealand’s data system.
You will be leading a branch of approximately 85 FTE. It consists of two business units: Population Insights and Labour Markets and Household Statistics located in Wellington and Christchurch.
- Be intellectually, analytically and conceptually agile and experienced in dealing with complex matters.
- Have experience in managing, motivating and developing a multi-disciplinary workforce and harnessing the talents of employees at all levels.
- Have at least five years’ experience in senior leadership.
- Have a strong senior or general management background and/or experience in leading complex business programmes.
- Have proven ability to manage across all levels in an organisation and maintain strong working relationships across the organisation.
We are seeking someone who is at the top of their game and ready to take on a new challenge.
Applications close at 5:00 pm on Sunday 30 June 2019.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please click the APPLY NOW button. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
For further information contact Sandy Eaton on (04) 494 1185 quoting job number 99521.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz